Is Your Life An Example?
What do people need? We live in a broken generation. Billy Graham has said that people attend his crusades for one or more of four unmet needs: loneliness, emptiness, guilt, and a fear of death. People are hurting, and they need a message from God. People need healing, encouragement, hope, salvation, and truth. They need someone who has been in contact with God and they need Christian role models. Is your life an example?
FIVE AREAS IN LIFE TO BE AN EXAMPLE
1. in word – speech; what you say and how you say it.
2. in conduct – behavior, how you live. This is your walk. Let your walk match your talk.
3. in love – agape love, the greatest Christian virtue. Christian love never allows itself to hate. Christian love never refuses to forgive. Christian love never holds grudges.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love.(NIV)
John 13:34-35 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (NIV)
4. in spirit – describes the inner enthusiasm and excitement of a child of God; enthusiasm in knowing God and in serving God.
5. in faith – faithfulness, loyalty, consistency
Too many people have roller coaster Christianity. Always up and down, up and down. Many people have “Revival Religion.” They get all excited about living for Jesus at revival, but lose it before they get back to church the following Sunday.
The candles we hold up for others to see ought to be extensions of the light within ourselves. What we are shines more brightly than anything we say or do.